Saturday 4 February 2012

Cat's Eye. Childhood Bullying and its Scars..

Cat's Eye by Margaret
Awood
Cat's eye by Margaret Atwood is a great novel I once read back in High School because it was a part of my syllabus. This was one book in my syllabus that I actually finished and enjoyed reading so much. It's about this character named Elaine Risley and how she has a bully of a friend in her childhood named Cordelia who, being a subject of her father's criticism, victimizes Elaine and scars her for life. The novel continues describing Elaine recovery from all those scars caused by Cordelia through her catharsis in the form of her artwork, while also giving flashbacks of her childhood that led to them. It was an awesome novel that I'd love to read again but for the life of me I don't know where I've lost the book. Anyway, I would definitely recommend it to you if you are remotely interested in reading about psychology, psychosis, bullying, rain, nostalgia of the past and the feelings related to it. It's a beautifully written novel. Just do check it out! :D


If you've read this novel or plan to read it, do comment below to let me know. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting novel. Margaret Atwood's a great writer

    ReplyDelete